If you have already Challan number with you, you can easily track challan status through CIN based network. This online facility is discovered for those tax payers who have already paid their taxes but they do not know about that amount is actually accounted on their name. For this Challan Status Inquiry service is launched. This initiative is helpful in delivering you the status of their challan on the internet. Here we will show you both CIN based and TAN based challan Status. Please follow the procedure as mentioned under.
CIN based Challan Status
CIN is actually a Challan identification Number. This serial number is given to the assesse. Tax payer can easily track that challan is deposited in the bank through Challan verification process.
- First visit to tin-nsdl registered website and click on the challan status link.
- Here enter BSR code first.
- Than write the date of deposit
- Now time is to enter CIN (Challan Identification No) here.
- Type Major Head code with description.
- Write TAN or PAN number.
- Now mention the name of Tax payer
- Type the date of received by NSDL
- See to it that amount deposited in bank is right or not.
- Also see to it that amount is deposited in your name account.
TAN Based Challan Status
- First enter Challan Serial No (CIN number).
- Now mention major head code with description
- Minor head code
- And lastly the mode of payment
- The tx payer must look to that amount and name matches with the challan you paid.
What is CIN?
CIN plays vital role in paying taxes. CIN is a hard proof that tax is paid online. Sometimes it happens that tax amount doesn’t reflect on the deposited bank. That’s why oltas challan status service is launched. Specific challan number is given to tax payer. With Challan status inquiry he or she can view that tax amount is deposited on their name. CIN number is given only after the successful payment of taxes. Tax payer must keep it safe with them. It is an actual proof that they have paid the taxes. If you have any doubt related to Challan Status Inquiry you can easily get your queries solved by visiting tin-nsdl official site.